Concept Development & Product Design
Hallam’s current year Solidworks Professional CAD system facilitates the exchange of design files with customers development teams in a wide range of formats.GET IN TOUCH →
Ferrous castings, polymer or metal extrusions, injection moulded and laser cut metal parts, mechanical sub-assemblies and electrical components can all be outsourced across Hallam’s extensive network of suppliers.GET IN TOUCH →
Aluminium Diecasting and CNC machining
Hallam’s internal manufacturing capability includes high pressure, sand and gravity aluminium diecasting, CNC machining, CNC powder coating, assembly to final product stage and full function, safety and quality testing.GET IN TOUCH →
Industrial Coating Services
Our industrial coating plant benefits from our manufacturing expertise in many ways. For example, the special carousels and housings needed to suspend components through the plant are designed and manufactured by us.GET IN TOUCH →
Advanced Product Design Through To Volume Manufacture
And Component Assembly
Hallam Castings is a long-established UK aluminium die casting specialist manufacturer also offering a wide range of design-for-manufacture and prototyping services. Hallam can design components as aluminium castings, extrusions, injection mouldings or fabrications using Solidworks Professional CAD software. Hallam also specialises in mould tool and pattern design. CAD models can be converted to resin, silicon, polymer or metal prototypes quickly and cheaply.
Hallam Castings can help with:
- Production of cast aluminium components, machined, surface treated/powder coated and assembled if required, for existing or new products
- Design, prototyping and manufacture of components, sub-assemblies or complete new products made up of a range of materials.
- Production facilities once final designs have been agreed including state-of-the-art powder coating and assembly services.
Hallam Castings has helped to design, prototype and manufacture components for many UK companies including:-
- Bisley Office Equipment – “Innerspace” office storage system
- CMD Ltd – “Cygnus” and “Aspect” computer monitor arms
- Function-One – High end PA system loudspeaker
- P4 Fastel – Emergency lighting system
Technical input to other design and manufacturing projects using high quality aluminium castings with other UK-sourced components include
- Heat sink calculations for new leading edge LED boards incorporated in urban space and industrial lighting systems
- Design, prototyping and manufacturing of ratcheting systems to allow the main body cast housing to have variable positioning, both for post top and the side fixing mounting brackets. The combination of two different types of mounting bracket and the ratcheting system gave the variability in positioning required.
- Design, prototyping and manufacturing of sealing systems requiring research into state-of-the-art gasket materials and special adhesives suitable for attaching the gaskets to the polyesters of powder coated housing body to enhance IP ratings and gain “ATEX” Approval.
- Development of solutions allowing maintenance access to housings including “pop out” cast sections within the outer wall of a casting, on either side, also allowing either series or individual wiring.
- Design, simulation and prototyping of alternative hinging mechanisms in cast housings.
- And even the development of a new type of wine rack and a product for the storage of eggs – typically on a domestic kitchen work top.
Hallam has also undertaken experimental development of new casting alloys and advised on the selection of product materials and finishing treatments based on laboratory testing.
Hallam’s development partners are:-
- Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre, University of Sheffield
- Mercury Centre (additive manufacturing), University of Sheffield
- Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Nottingham
- Castings Technology Institute
- Cast Metals Federation
WHY CHOOSE HALLAM CASTINGS?
Our services include Concept Development, Aluminium Castings, Product Design, Manufacturing, Component Sourcing, Volume Assembly, and Dispatch.
WHAT CLIENTS SAY ABOUT US
“CTD have worked with W Hallam Castings for many years, initially as a supplier of cast aluminium housings, and it is clear that the company has evolved to become a manufacturing partner with exceptional knowledge and capability not only within the castings area but in relation to design, sourcing and assembly of manufactured products generally.”
Control Techniques Dynamics, Emerson Group